I started writing the Scoutmaster blog in 2005 to share my thoughts about Scouting and launched the podcast a couple of years later. I enjoy hearing from many folks who find what I write and broadcast every week useful, so I keep going on!
Eight years later I find myself devoting many, many hours of effort to this every week. I am committed to keep the information I am sharing freely accessible to support the efforts of volunteer Scouters, and there will never be a fee or a pay-wall to gain access. At the same time I do have to keep the lights on and justify the amount of time I spend and the expenses in getting it published.
With that in mind you can choose to support this work financially:
Other ways to support the blog and podcast:
- Comment on blog posts - whether you agree or disagree with what’s being said your comments are helpful to other readers as well as the author.
- Email the author with your questions or comments.
- Leave reviews and ratings on iTunes - support the podcast.
- Support my sponsors – Click ads and follow links from my affiliates. If you purchase something that I have reviewed by clicking on a link to it in the review or elsewhere on the blog I will receive a small commission on the sale. (See About Reviews and Product Links below.)
- Subscribe - There’s various options to subscribe on the subscription page. Get an email update when there’s a new article.
ABOUT REVIEWS AND PRODUCT LINKS
Reviews, endorsements, promotions or recommendations of products for sale are based on my personal experience. Obviously I would like you to buy the products I write about and I am influenced by that fact. I only recommend products and services I trust and strive to give honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on topics or products I write about and promote.
If you follow a product link to a site where you can purchase the product (like Amazon for example) I receive a small percentage of that purchase. The links below are my current list of affiliates:
Amazon.com, Gander Mountain, Campmor, Eastern Mountain Sports, REI, Altrec, Barnes and Noble.com, Sierra Trading Post
ABOUT OTHER ADVERTISEMENTS
I use a limited number of advertisements that draw an inference from the subject matter on the blog and display related links. I do not have any real control over what is displayed in these advertisements and make no endorsement of the products or services they advertise.
DO YOU MAKE MONEY FROM THE BLOG, and PODCAST?
Do I make money? Yes, but it’s not going to cover the house payment. The revenue I generate doing these things is enough to cover the costs of publishing and. sometimes, a fraction of the time I invest in creating the blog and podcast.
DO YOU GET FREE STUFF OR DO PAID REVIEWS?
In some cases I will receive a free product or book for review purposes. I ask for review copies or products and at times I am asked to review something. As of this writing nobody has offered to pay me to write a review. If they ever do and I accept I will tell you that I am being paid to review the item.
Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. If you feel things are misrepresented please get in touch.